About UVCE Centenary Celebrations
UVCE was established in the year 1917, under the name, Government Engineering college by BharatRatna Sir M Visvesvaraya with the blessings of Mysore Maharaja Nalwadi Krishnaraja Wodeyar himself, and was affiliated to University of Mysore. It is the 5th Engineering College to be established in the country and 1st in Karnataka. After the formation of Bangalore University in 1964, UVCE became one of it’s constituent college. UVCE, one of the oldest technical institutions in the country, is approaching its 100th Year and the celebrations need to be on par with any great educational institutes of the world.
All the alumni have come together to organize a Mega-Event to celebrate the Centenary Year of our alma-mater. More Details below ! Avail Early Bird Discount if you Register before April 3oth, 2018
25 Crore allotted for the renovation work of UVCE is going on with full swing. We will provide more details shortly. But, meanwhile you find more details about the plan and ideas here
The next set of updates will be updated in this edition of Sampada (99th issue) as well!! Stay Tuned...
UVCE Centenary Celebrations Committee which was approved by the Bangalore University Syndicate and the Vice-Chancellor in 2016 Novemeber is yet to meet. Read more about the details and the members in this article
We, from VisionUVCE Team, had proposed year long celebrations during the 100th year of UVCE. We had drafted this timeline, which has few ideas from our end and few from others. We were successful in organizing couple of events like:
How can I help?
- Building the alumni network
- Sharing information/photos
- Sponsor Events/activities
- Volunteer work/taking initiatives
- Spreading the word and joining hands
- Organize/Participate in events
Know more about 'UVCE Payana'
VisionUVCE Team hopes for a yearlong celebration and here is a proposed TimeLine
(We are already half way through the year and working on few of the ideas)
What should Centenary Celebrations encompass?
- Highlight the heritage and importance of UVCE over the past 100 years.
- Showcase the contribution of UVCE to the society – academically, technologically – in various fields.
- Highlight the alumni of UVCE and their achievements in the respective fields.
- Connect the alumni around the globe and build a strong network.
- Bring out the nostalgic memories and experiences in various forms – souvenir, video in social media, print media etc.
- Felicitate the senior faculty, senior alumni and have a discussion with the current generation of students.
- Contribute in some form to the college – financially, technically, officially – to help students and improve the infrastructure.
- Collect memorabilia – souvenir, t-shirts etc and also participate in competitions & events.