Team VisionUVCE is happy that we are able to continue the “Scholarship” initiative for the Tenth consecutive year i.e 2020-21, which is aimed at supporting the students in need and also to motivate them to reach higher and press themselves to achieve their dreams. We hope that the scholarship awarded will help the student in boosting the confidence up and we expect that it is put to the best possible use. We hope that the student performs well in his curricular and co-curricular activities and brings accolades to his alma mater and to his near and dear ones.
We want the scholarship initiative to stay for a long time and to facilitate that we will need support and these awardees can step in when they reach the state of financial stability and support the needy students. That doesn’t mean, Team VisionUVCE is in any mood to stop. We will try and extend the required support within our limits to all the needy students. We hope this inspires our vast alumni network to contribute as well.
Starting this year, we would like to monitor the progress of the scholarship awardees in order to check the efficiency of the scholarship initiative. We will be in touch with the awardees, talk to them, guide them and motivate them as needed. This has been suggested by a group of wise alumni and we thank them for that.
- In past 9 years, around 393 students have been awarded VU Scholarships worth of approximately 30 Lakh rupees.
- Alumni come down to have an interaction with the shortlisted candidates and discussion will be held to chose the final awardees.
- We are thankful to alumni who have been generous and supportive. Click Year-wise Details button to know more about the list so far.
- If you are interested to contribute, the bank details are provided in the side column. We need all your support and contribution to keep this initiative going. We will be making innovation in this Scholarship process every year to make sure that the deserving students dont miss out the opportunity.
VisionUVCE Bank Details
A/c Name – VISIONUVCE
A/c No – 510101004799657
A/c Type – Current Account
Bank – Union Bank (previously Corporation Bank)
Branch – Nrupathunga Road
IFSC Code – UBIN0901750
Micr Code – 560026173
14/3, Nrupathunga Road, Rashtrothana Parishat Building, Bangalore -560002
Total Amount (Lakhs)
No of Years
List of Scholarship awardees for the year 2020-21 is announced. It was done in two parts. The latest was only for first year new joinees only (along with second year lateral entry students)
|Year||No of Scholarships||Amount|
|2011-12||9 – 9 Full (7.5k)||Rs.67,500|
|2012-13||13 – 13 Full (7.5k)||Rs.97,500|
|2013-14||28 – 16 Full (7.5k), 12 Half(3.5k)||Rs.1,62,000|
|2014-15||35 – 17 Full (7.5k), 18 Half(5k)||Rs.2,17,500|
|2015-16||44 – 22 Full (7.5k), 22 Half(5k)||Rs.2,75,000|
|2016-17||60 – 30 Full (10k), 30 Half(5k)||Rs.4,50,000|
|2017-18||72 – 28 Full (10k), 44 Half(5k)||Rs.5,00,000|
|2018-19||70 – 6 Special (15K), 25 Full (12k), 39 Half(6k)||Rs.6,24,000|
|2019-20||63 – 1 Special (15K), 33 Full (12k), 29 Half(6k)||Rs.5,85,000|
|2020-21||89 – 10 Laptop (25K), 33 Full (15K), 46 Half (7.5K)||Rs.10,90,000|
VU Scholarship Process
- We invite the applications from students. The students will need to fill the Application Form every year (irrespective of if they have received Scholarships previous year). We try to identify the need and necessity for the students along with his/her background details (including academic, finance, interests, purpose, family details)
- After the deadline, based on specific criteria set (like overall academic performance, extra curricular activities, stay and additional expenses, need, family background), we filter the candidates for interview on a particular date. There is no fixed number. We have varied the numbers year entirely based on the applications.
- During interview, alumni from various batches are asked to interact with the students on a general basis and evaluate the necessity. There is no restriction on the numbers from each panel. Since, there is no constraint to begin with, the alumni are able to judge without any pre-determined notions.
- After the interviews are done, we all come together and each panel is given an opportunity to share their views and present the case of how many should be awarded scholarships from their panel and why they deserve it. On a case-by-case basis, other alumni can question the need or suggest alternatives. Finally, the list is decided based on everyone’s consensus. Based on the funds available and additional requirement, next action plan is prepared.
- The Scholarships are awarded in the presence of Principal, Chairpersons of various Departments, Faculty and other senior alumni in a very simple and small event in the college premises.
- The Scholarship awardees are also monitored from past 1 year about the performance in various aspects and informed to keep in touch if they need more guidance or support.