On the eve of Engineers Day, from UVCEGA we inaugurated MARVEL – R&D Lab at UVCE- a first of it’s kind. We have been allotted a room at the heart of the college – Old Library/ Minchu (one portion). Due to Covid restrictions, inauguration was a very simple affair.
Here are the highlights:
* MARVEL stands for Makerspace for Advanced Research and Vital Education and Learning
* The goal of MARVEL is to instill in students a sense of innovation to develop ground breaking ideas and motivate them to become exemplary in the field of technology.
* We have identified 5 Domains to begin with:
- Internet of Things
- AI/ML/Data Analytics
- Renewable Energy and Electrical Vehicles
- Cloud Computing/ Cyber Security
* We will be investing around 10Lakhs to procure equipment/software in next 4 months.
* Bulk of the funds will be donated by 1963-64 batch. We will be reaching out to alumnus individual and batches, companies to join hands after the initial phase.
* A detailed plan, structure, equipment wishlist, timelines will follow shortly.
Here are the glimpses from today’s event: